Things To Bring With You To Your Consultation
- Your folder or binder filled with your favorite cake ideas.
- Pictures or examples of special touches you’ll want to include with your cake like sugared fruit, fresh flowers, sugarpaste embroidery, Mom’s heirloom cake topper, Grandma’s blue ribbon orchids or Aunt Joanie’s strawberry jam.
- An idea of how many guests will be attending your wedding.
- Swatches of your wedding colors to influence your cake’s color and décor.
- An idea of what your wedding flowers will be, and how you might want to include them in your cake’s decoration.
- A general concept of wedding day details. For example, will the wedding take place in the afternoon or evening? Summer or winter? Will your wedding be ultra-formal, very casual or somewhere in-between? Will the reception (and the cake) be outside? Believe it or not, knowing these details will help you and your cake designer come to the perfect choice.
- A complete sense of yourself and how much you want to spend. Be as up-front as possible about your budget, and equally as determined to stick to it. Your wedding cake is an important element of your big day, but it is just that. An element.
- Bring pictures of your dream dress and fantasy flowers with you when you interview cake designers. Not only will your designer get a solid idea of your bridal style, you never know what might serve as inspiration for a one-of-a-kind cake!
- Please bring cash or check for your deposit to reserve your wedding date. This is especially important as our dates fill up fast!